[R-SIG-Mac] tab completion on R terminal (Mac)

Ping-Hsun Hsieh hsiehp at ohsu.edu
Sat Apr 4 00:40:48 CEST 2009

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply.
I did complie my own version of R in my home dir of the Mac since I do not have the root privilege to install anything involved writing actions on /etc/ , /bin/, or /lib/.

I followed the instruction of the following two web-pages
http://r.research.att.com/building.html and
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html  bullet 2.1.3

Here is my configuration and make:

## configure
$./configure SHELL='/bin/bash' \
r_arch=x86_64 \
CC="gcc -arch x86_64 -std=gnu99" \
CXX="g++ -arch x86_64" \
OBJC="gcc -arch x86_64" \
F77="gfortran -arch x86_64" \
FC="gfortran -arch x86_64" \
--prefix=$HOME \
--with-system-zlib \
--with-blas='-framework vecLib' --with-lapack

## make
$make -j4 && \
make check && \
make CPPFLAGS=-DNEED_EXTERN_PC

## install
$make install

I thought I have complied/configured readline. Does anything look not right above?
By the way, the Mac's OS is Leopard.
And I forgot to mention that when I type the tab in R console only,
it does come up "./" followed by the sub-directories under the current directory.

Thanks,
PingHsun