[R-SIG-Mac] tab completion on R terminal (Mac)

Ping-Hsun Hsieh hsiehp at ohsu.edu
Fri Apr 3 22:40:47 CEST 2009

Bear R-experts,

Sorry if my question is too trivial.

I am using ssh to access and run R on a 64-bit Mac machines from my windows machine.
But I find that the tab-completion does not work when I tried.

For example, on my windows machine, I can type tab to get a full name of a specific object.

>ls()
[1]	data1		func1		data3

>fun ##<tab>
>func1	##it completes the name of the object automatically

It does not work on the Mac machine when I use R as a terminal tool.

I checked the following R website, do not have any clue though.
5.5 What does TAB completion do?
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#What-does-TAB-completion-do_003f

Any suggestion and comment are welcome and appreciated!

Best Regards,
PingHsun

My rc.status()

$linebuffer
[1] ""

$options
$options$package.suffix
[1] "::"

$options$funarg.suffix
[1] "="

$options$function.suffix
[1] "("

$end
[1] 1

$settings
$settings$ops
[1] TRUE

$settings$ns
[1] TRUE

$settings$args
[1] TRUE

$settings$func
[1] FALSE

$settings$ipck
[1] FALSE

$settings$S3
[1] TRUE

$settings$data
[1] TRUE

$settings$help
[1] TRUE

$settings$argdb
[1] TRUE

$settings$files
[1] FALSE
#########################
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.8.1 (2008-12-22)
i386-apple-darwin9.6.0

locale:

attached base packages:
[1] splines   tools     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets
[8] methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] oligo_1.6.0          oligoClasses_1.4.0   affxparser_1.14.2
[4] AnnotationDbi_1.4.3  preprocessCore_1.4.0 RSQLite_0.7-1
[7] DBI_0.2-4            Biobase_2.2.2