[R-SIG-Mac] R.app Editor

Ken Knoblauch ken.knoblauch at inserm.fr
Thu Apr 2 07:19:19 CEST 2009

Angel Berihuete Macías <angel <at> alfomega.es> writes:
> I need your help. I am writing code in the editor window for R.app,
> but when I write something like a^ (not sure of the correct technical
> term) the application hangs, and I can't write anymore. It's happening
> only with the symbol ^
>
> Thanks,
>
> Angel
I have seen this, at least on occasion, but only when
the circumflex is typed on the last line of the editor window.
I can't give a reprodicible example because as I indicated,
it seems to be an intermittent problem, so will be much
more difficult to track down.  My solution has been to
save the file, close the window and re-open the file.
Hitting ESC has unfrozen the window, but with the
loss of the cursor, which is disorienting so the save/reopen
strategy seems better.  It doesn't happen very often so
given there is a simple recovery strategy, I'm not bothered
by a quirk in an otherwise very handy editor.  Typing extra blank lines
at the end of the file seems to help, too.  I can't say whether
that is superstition, however.

sessionInfo()
R version 2.8.1 Patched (2009-03-01 r48037)
i386-apple-darwin8.11.1

locale:
en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:

Ken Knoblauch
Inserm U846
Stem-cell and Brain Research Institute