[R-SIG-Mac] Building R 10.3.9

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 16:36:48 CEST 2008

I am not concerned about the mac goodies.  I am comfortable with the
command line and X11 version.  I want to know will R act like R
(getting packages without having to build them from source) if I build
them from source.  Simon, I know you probably answered this, but I am
a little dense.  Are building packages from sources "hard" or just an
option in the install.packages command.  I will be faced with this if
I switch over to Linux  or BSD.  R and I have become co-dependent- I
don't use excel for anything because I can do it easier in R, and this
is why I am going through all of this trouble.
Thanks

Stephen Sefick
Research Scientist
Southeastern Natural Sciences Academy

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods. We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

	-K. Mullis