[R-SIG-Mac] Building R 10.3.9

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 00:22:07 CEST 2008

I have an old ibook that is not ready to go out to pasture
256 RAM
933 processor

Can I build R 2.7.2 and up on this computer so that it will work with
install.packages()

or will I have to also build the packages from source
would it be better to set up a dual boot linux on this machine and
what would be the suggestions?  I have been toying around with this
idea for a while and even installed SUSE but it ate up all of my RAM
and was swapping all of the time.  I am happy with my old OS and the
preformance of the computer for things like word processing and
creating graphs with R (no super computation expensive stuff).  I have
access to other computers for major processing intensive thing.  I
just want a "if I want coffee with my work" computer.
thanks much

--
Stephen Sefick
Research Scientist

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
make us feel like gods. We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
annoying little problems of being mammals.

	-K. Mullis