[R-SIG-Mac] R CMD install error

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Wed Sep 3 20:15:48 CEST 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 13:19 , Erich Neuwirth wrote:

> I am just doing my first steps in building an R package with C code
> on my Mac.
> I get the same warning Duncan mentioned in his last message.
> ld: warning, duplicate dylib /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/
> local/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib
> Where can I find information on how to solve this problem?

That was not Duncan's problem - his problem is the following error:
ld: cycle in dylib re-exports with /usr/X11/lib/libGL.dylib
which is a bug in OpenGL dylib setup. It can be fixed in the system:
http://r.research.att.com/building.html
or worked around
http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2007/qa1567.html
Nonetheless I'm not sure you're running into that issue ...