[R-SIG-Mac] Problem with libR.dylib in 2.8.0

Chris Lokan c.lokan at adfa.edu.au
Wed Oct 29 04:37:08 CET 2008

Sorry to exasperate you!

As you pointed out, the version numbers in the error messages showed that
something was wrong about the binaries. My problem was that I assumed that
clicking through from the main CRAN packages page would lead me to the
correct binaries.

Rather than
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.8/
Clicking through from http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ leads to files
contained in
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/r-release/

I've got the correct ones now, and fixed up the corrupted structure I have
created for myself. All is well.

Many thanks for your help.

Chris