[R-SIG-Mac] Just wondering: palette() settings and existing quartz windows

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Tue Oct 28 22:19:35 CET 2008

Hi,
I noticed  something tricky about setting a palette.  If I set up a
palette, e.g.

 >  palette(rainbow(10))

then plot something, and then revert my working environment,

 >palette(default)

The quartz window does not change, nor does it change if I drag it
around the desktop.  But if I resize the window, the graph will redraw
using the current palette, not the one used to create it.

Would it make more sense for the window management tools to 'remember'
the palette used to draw the window?

Or would it make more sense for me to learn proper use of environments :-) ?

Carl