[R-SIG-Mac] best way to work with R on a Mac (leopard)

Ferdinand Ferdinand.Gruebler at gmx.de
Tue Oct 28 00:50:18 CET 2008

Hi,

till now, I just work with the normal R environment.
But there are some issues that disturb me working with the normal R
console.
I heard about alternative ways to work with R, like text editors which
are able to communicate with R.

What I am looking for is a way to seperate the output from the input.

I think the best way would be to have two or three frames in one window.
One frame for the output, one for the input and one for just editing
text (perhaps with R-language highlighting).

Is there a way to realize that kind of working environment?
And if yes, what do I need to realize that (software, preferences etc.)?

I tried Aquamacs Emacs.
I can start R in Emacs with ESS but I didn't found a way to seperate
what I type in from what I get from R as output in the way I would
like it to be...