[R-SIG-Mac] Old Dell running faster than new MacBook

Ken Beath ken at kjbeath.com.au
Sun Oct 26 07:54:44 CET 2008

On 26/10/2008, at 4:23 AM, Nils Rüfenacht wrote:

> Thanks for your replies.
>
> There's nothing special about my code (I guess), but here it is.

I have a 1 year old iMac 2 Ghz. The  indexGenerator(0.08,0.15,30,1000)
call takes about 121s in . For comparison I ran the Windows version
under Parallels and it also takes about 120s.

I think you have a sick MacBook, look for a benchmarking program
(maybe geekBench) and compare against others, or contact your Apple
dealer and see what they suggest.

Ken