[R-SIG-Mac] Incorrect CRAN packages URL?

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Oct 23 23:24:38 CEST 2008

Oscar,

On Oct 23, 2008, at 11:53 , Oscar Moreno wrote:

> System:    PowerMac G5
> Processor: PowerPC 970 (2.2)
> Speed:     1.8GHz
> Memory:    1.5GB
> OS:        10.5.5
>
> R:         2.8.0 (recently reinstalled from 10/22/2008 binaries)
>
> Package installer can install one package at a time ONLY.  In
> R2.7.2, the installer could install any number of packages at a time.

I cannot reproduce it. With exactly the same setup as above I can
install arbitrarily many packages. Note that it may take a while, but
they will install.

> Package installer, after installing a package, fails to update the
> table of packages installed.

Same again - it works for me without problems, the list gets updated
as soon as all packages are installed.

>  I need to quit R and re-start to get the updates.

You don't. If you have many packages to install, you need some
patience (the amount of patience necessary also depends on the speed
of your internet connection and the mirror), but it works as
advertized for me.

> What's going on?

We have some great colors to enjoy since the fall came gracefully, but
why would you want to know? ;)