[R-SIG-Mac] Package manager question

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Oct 20 15:58:14 CEST 2008

On Oct 19, 2008, at 17:51 , David Kaplan wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> My apologies if this is a very simple question.  I downloaded and
> installed a couple of packages today.  In the package manager in R
> for Mac (version 2.7.2), I find that when I try to load the package,
> I can't.  The load button never clicks on.  Why is that?

Because there is apparently a problem with that package. Check the
console for results. Clicking on the checkbox (there is no load button
afaics) simply issues a "library" command and the checkbox itself
represents the real state of the package so if it failed to load for
nay reason, it will stay unchecked.