[R-SIG-Mac] /bin/sh: tar: command not found

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Sat Oct 4 18:34:21 CEST 2008

Hi Steve, thanks for your answer.

Steve Revilak wrote:

> It seems as though tar is in bash's PATH, but not R's PATH.  How are
> you starting R?
>
> If you're starting R by clicking R.app, you might try running "open
> /Applications/R.app" from a terminal instead.  This way, open inherits
> PATH from bash, and R.app will inherit PATH from open.

I was starting R by clicking the R.app icon. To run "open
/Applications/R.app" did the trick. Thanks.

I've just replied to the last message posted by Kasper. I've been
dealing with PATH to get Maven integrated in my environment. Perhaps
some of this actions has affected the way R get its environment. I can
not explain what is happening here and why there is this difference
between R environments when launched from the terminal or by clicking
the R.app icon. I keep trying.

Thanks.

Ricardo

--