[R-SIG-Mac] tar not found

Carl Witthoft carl at witthoft.com
Sat Oct 4 00:52:14 CEST 2008

I'd grab the source to install.packages and see if for some reason
there's a hard-coded path to tar.
Not that I'm a highly skilled coder, but I sure would have hoped that
the author of install.packages would at least have made sure that,if
it's calling system functions (like /bin/sh), it would make sure to pick
up the user environment -- not just grab the R console's idea of the
environment.

Here an error. This installation usually does work...

'http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.7/plyr_0.1.tgz'

'http://cran.us.r-project.org/bin/macosx/universal/contrib/2.7/reshape_0.8.1.tgz'