[R-SIG-Mac] installing R-2.8 from source - segmentation faults at make check

Mon Nov 24 18:33:01 CET 2008

Hi Michael,

On Nov 24, 2008, at 12:03 PM, Michael Braun wrote:

> I should note that the only reason I am compiling from source is
> that, as far as I can tell, there are no 64-bit binaries available
> for Leopard yet.  If someone could point me to such binaries, that
> might solve my problem.

Check out this page here:
http://r.research.att.com/

Primarily that blue box about 1/2-way down the page, that says:

Leopard builds can be installed as follows - paste in Terminal (for R
2.8.x):
curl -s http://r.research.att.com/R-2.8-branch-leopard-
universal.tar.gz | sudo tar fvxz - -C /

That should do the trick and save you the hassle of compiling
yourself. ;-)

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology

http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos