[R-SIG-Mac] upgradeable R layout

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Nov 14 17:30:27 CET 2008

Thanks, Steve.

You are perfectly within rights to question how comfortable I am using
the Unix command line. I started on CP/M and PC-DOS and twenty yaers
ago did my stats homework and thesis work on a VAX but have not really
used CLI Unix to the point where I am comfortable with it.  I had
gotten to the point where I thought I needed to ask a question. You
are also correct that I was using cd rather than cp to navigate the
directory tree.  I suspected that there was a flag or switch for the
cp command and you offered one.  Your sudo tar <....> solution appears
to have worked as hoped. Thank you very much.

--
David Winsemius