[R-SIG-Mac] 64 bit - Installing packages from source

Thu Nov 6 23:58:47 CET 2008

> "> You don't actually need to install bioconductor packages from
> source  "
>
> Can Simon Urbanek weigh in on this?
> I've been keeping an eye on R-SIG-Mac and have been seeing
> repeated references in the last few weeks about
> installing from source for 64-bit R.

For some tangential weight, see this posting where Patrick Aboyoun
answered my question regarding using 64bit bioconductor on os x:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/20273/focus=20404

As a point of reference, although he doesn't list ppc64 there, looking
through my d/l'd bioconductor I see most all of the packages have
ppc64 builds in their libs folders. The only one that doesn't have
ppc64 is `affy`, which is curious.

Given that limma and affy both d/l when you do a default BioC install
with `biocLite()`, I'm not sure why that's the case.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology

http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos