[R-SIG-Mac] configure file on MAC build

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue Nov 4 18:37:49 CET 2008

On Nov 4, 2008, at 9:32 , Rossi, Peter E. wrote:

> How do I locate and invoke the configure script on the MAC version
> of R?

It's the same as any other unix - you just start it (e.g. /configure
if it's in the current directory).

> Is there a config.site file?

It is supported if you have one.

> Is this something that requires you to download the tar ball for R
> source and not supplied with the dmg?

Depends what you mean, the dmg is the *binary* version of R so clearly
it doesn't contain the configure script. Hence if you want to compile
your own R form sources, you have to get the sources ;). (But make
sure you read the R for Mac FAQ before you do that).