[R-SIG-Mac] X11 problem with R 2.7 OS X 10.4.11

statmobile statmobile at gmail.com
Mon May 26 03:02:19 CEST 2008

I must have missed these emails being sent around, probably because I
only just now updated to 2.7.  I noticed here that:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2008-May/004981.html

Joerg is saying that he's having problems running R plots from the
command line when the plots are going to X11.  I have the exact same
problems he is discussing, although issuing the `x11(type="Xlib")' in
one session does not help me in future sessions.

The main purpose of this email is to assure Joerg and others that he is
not the only one experiencing this.

I feel that this is a major issue, because I'm a big emacs fan, and
running R through ESS is essentially running it in the terminal.  So I
can't run graphs from emacs without this ugly workaround.  Any help over
the matter would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, and one I was experiencing with previous versions of R.
  If you issue the command 'dev.off()' in X11, R instead opens about 3
other graphic windows.

Thanks in advance for any input on the matter.