[R-SIG-Mac] strange interaction of quartz() with videoprojector

Kenneth Knoblauch ken.knoblauch at inserm.fr
Mon May 5 10:36:40 CEST 2008

A setting of dpi = 1.5 * 72 generates about the right size
graphics and alleviates the light lines problem, which must
have been from the antialiasing, as you proposed.

This seems to be related to the automatic selection of resolution
in System Preferences for Displays.  The values chosen automatically
which generated the small quartz windows are set at
1280 x 1024.  At one point, restarting the machine while
connected to the videoprojector, it started up with a lower
resolution and the quartz window worked fine.  I wasn't
able to reproduce this though by manually reducing the
resolution in the preferences.  I have to experiment
a bit more to see how to get it to start up automatically
in the lower resolution, which would seem to obviate the problem
for the short term.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Ken