[R-SIG-Mac] BLAS/LAPACK/Accelerate on Leopard with R 2.6.2

Alexy Khrabrov deliverable at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 09:32:23 CET 2008

Greetings -- which BLAS/LAPACk are used by R 2.6.2 with gfortran 4.2
on Leopard?

Macresearch.org instructs to use Accelerate, effectively switching from

# LIBPATH =  -L$/usr/local/lib
# BLAS = -llapack -lf77blas -latlas

BLAS = -Wl,-framework -Wl,Accelerate

-- per:

http://macresearch.org/performance_tutorial_part_i_introducing_accelerate

-- is this compatible with that packaged gfortran?

Also -- if I want to try out xlf from IBM, how does that affect the
choices of BLAS/LAPACK/Accelerate -- are they compatible or does xlf
come with its own?  (And why I can download trial versions of xlf for
AIX/Linux but not for Mac?...)

Cheers,
Alexy