[R-SIG-Mac] how to make a loaded distribution for courses?

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Sat Mar 8 12:55:00 CET 2008

I just taught a course based on R-2.7.0dev, where many bioconductor and CRAN
packages were required.  For the windows students, I take my
loaded R-2.7.0dev folder, in which all needed packages have been installed,
zip it, and have them unzip it in some specified location so that
there are no conflicts with existing installations.  A shortcut is set
to the new Rgui.exe, given a name that distinguishes it from existing
distributions, and this is used for the course.

Can a similar process be conducted with a MacOSX distro?  The desiderata
are that a single decompression step yields an image of R with all
desired packages, and a distinguishable icon is made available so that
the course-specific GUI is selectable from doc or finder.

---
Vince Carey, PhD
181 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115 USA
stvjc at channing.harvard.edu

The information transmitted in this electronic communica...{{dropped:10}}