[R-SIG-Mac] tools for compiling R from source on Leopard

Michael Braun braunm at MIT.EDU
Sun Mar 2 17:40:27 CET 2008

Simon:

Thanks for clarifying all of this.  The statement in section 2.1.2 of
the MacOS FAQ is what threw me off a bit (I thought when matching 3.x
and 4.x, the x had to match as well.  My mistake).  Certainly, I don't
need to be using experimental, unsupported tools.  Again, I probably
just read way too much into the instructions.

  But I do want to be sure that I have a 64-bit build of R  that  is
linked to the vecLib BLAS (similar to my current configuration on
Linux).  Is there a way to do this without compiling from source?  I
see there are instructions on the R for MacOS developer page, but
these are also flagged as "experimental."  If I don't want to be too
experimental, I'm not sure how to get to where I want to go otherwise.

Thanks,

Michael