[R-SIG-Mac] copy & paste

Emiliano Guevara emiliano.guevara at unibo.it
Thu Jun 19 10:45:47 CEST 2008

Dear Alan,

your description of the "bug" makes it very clear that the problem is
with M$ Word 2004.
Any solution should therefore come from Micro$oft... but this is very
unlikely

However, you can always change word-processing software.

The "bug" does not appear with the following programs (just checked
all of them):

- NeoOffice 2.2 (open-source and VERY Word-compatible)

- Pages'08

- M$ Word 2008 (v. 12.1.0)

time for an upgrade? or better, time for a final dump of M$ Word...

E.

On Jun 19, 2008, at 10:07 AM, Alan Kelly wrote:

> I had noticed the same problem as posted by Margarte so I took Brian's
> advice and downloaded R version 2.7.1 RC (2008-06-16 r45945) (running
> on a Mac G5 (2 x 3 GHz Dual-core intel) and an iMac (2.4 GHz Core 2
> Duo) both with OS 10.5.2.  I note that I still can not directly paste
> a copied Quartz window figure into a Word document (2004 version).  I
> could save and then insert a pdf version of the figure without a
> problem, but the direct copy and past is very convenient.  This
> problem does not arise when I try to copy & past into Pages 08 - works
> perfectly!  Can we expect that this feature for Word documents will
> return soon?
> Alan Kelly

Emiliano R. Guevara
Facoltà di Lingue e Lett. Straniere
Dipart. di Lingue e Lett. Straniere
Università di Bologna
Via Cartoleria 5 (40124) Bologna, Italia
   http://morbo.lingue.unibo.it/
   emiliano.guevara at unibo.it
   emiguevara at gmail.com