[R-SIG-Mac] key bindings for clearing line

Emiliano Guevara emiliano.guevara at unibo.it
Mon Jun 16 23:37:38 CEST 2008

Dear Carl,

My guess is that the funny boxes are either Unicode characters and
that the editor you are opening the file with is not Unicode-aware, or
that they are control characters like backspace, Ctrl, etc. (basically
the first 30 or so code points in the ASCII/ISO LATIN character table).

In any case, if you are interested in making your own custom key-
bindings for Mac OS X, these two links are extremely useful and clear:

http://www.lsmason.com/articles/macosxkeybindings.html
http://www.hcs.harvard.edu/~jrus/site/cocoa-text.html

Hope it helps,

E.