[R-SIG-Mac] R.app GUI feature request

Mon Jun 16 02:37:39 CEST 2008

On Jun 13, 2008, at 11:24 PM, Vadim Patsalo wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I was hoping to make the following feature request: I've noticed
> that R.app uses the standard Ctrl-a and Ctrl-e to jump to the
> beginning and the end of the line on the console and in the editor.
> However, I have not found a way to clear the current line (akin to
> Ctrl-c, Ctrl-u, Ctrl-k in the shell of your choice). Would it be
> possible for the two to be added as key combinations? Is there a
> quick way to clear the current line that I am missing?

Unless I am mistaken this is simply a consequence of that fact that OS
X has semi-Emacs like keybindings in most text fields (well Cocoa text
fields). The same holds true for Terminal, Safari and other
applications. I say semi because only some keybindings are supported,
but it is relatively easy to add more keybindings. Do a google search
for something like Emacs like keybindings in Cocoa.

The relevant files are called something like StandardKeyBinding.dict

Kasper