[R-SIG-Mac] R editor sluggish

Adam Kleczkowski ak at cs.stir.ac.uk
Tue Jun 10 17:32:28 CEST 2008

I am thoroughly enjoying the built-in R editor. However, I noticed that once I open files in it, the whole R GUI becomes very sluggish. For example, I have been changing Quartz parameters via 'Preferences > Quartz'. Any change there was followed by about 40 seconds period when R was not responding at all.

Is it a known behaviour? I can, of course, use other Mac editors, or even use a Windows one I used in the past (UEdit), but the built-in editor for Mac is quite nice.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks again,
Adam

--
Adam Kleczkowski, Senior Lecturer
Dept. Computing Science and Mathematics

--
Academic Excellence at the Heart of Scotland.
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,