[R-SIG-Mac] Office integration

Bryan Hanson hanson at depauw.edu
Fri Jun 6 15:43:08 CEST 2008

Maybe I missed something in an earlier post about this, but if not this
might help. The whole process seems simpler than some of the fixes I've seen
suggested.

I am using Office 2004 (with all available updates), on OS 10.4.11, and the
latest versions of R.

If you use the png or pdf output in R to create your graphic, then in Word
or PowerPoint you can use Insert -> Picture -> From File to place a graphic
no problem at all, then resize it as needed.  Then you can double click on
the graphic to size, position, float, fade etc.

I find Office does not always size upwards well, but shrinks things just
fine.  So make the diagrams larger to begin with.

And the png device has the option for a transparent background, which can be
useful when doing a scientific poster in PowerPoint.

R to a png or pdf works well for web diagrams too.

Completed example at:
http://fs6.depauw.edu:50080/~hanson/ResearchPages/PlantMetabPages/SrE
Poster.pdf

HTH Bryan