[R-SIG-Mac] Office integration

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Jun 5 23:21:04 CEST 2008

On Jun 5, 2008, at 4:56 PM, Jose A. Garcia wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> I think that the best option for integrating graphics to MS Word is to
> either save the plot as jpg (for medium-quality graphs) or to save
> them as
> pdf and then convert them to .png with Preview (for high-quality
> graphs).
>
> For example:
>
> pdf("myplot.pdf",height=3.2,width=3.5,pointsize=9)
> plot(x,y)
> dev.off()
>
> Then open "myplot.pdf" with Preview and Save as PNG.

Preview's PNGs are increasingly problematic and of low quality (you
can't set the dpi these days), so I'd suggest using Quartz to output
hi-res PNGs e.g.

quartz(file="foo.png", type="png", dpi=300)

If you want to create a hi-res snapshot of your current Quartz plot in
the GUI, you can use

quartz.save(file="foo.png", type="png", dpi=300)

(You'll need 2.7.0 or later).