[R-SIG-Mac] add a bitmap graphic onto a plot

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Thu Jun 5 13:36:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

a bit frivolous, I know, but I thought of adding a small picture of
each species of fish onto the upper right corner of plots dealing with
metabolic rate of several species of fish.

The only information I could find about doing this involved a package
named pixmap. But from what I understand, I must first make the
picture of each fish (diverse original formats, gif, jpeg, pdf) into a
pnm format.

How do I manage this on Mac OS X? I had never come across this format
before.

I have seen another way using grImport to import postscript vector
graphics. Does anyone here know if this will also work if I transform
my original pictures and drawings into postscript format (which
obvisouly won't be vector based)?

Thanks,

Denis Chabot