[R-SIG-Mac] Installation of packages via GUI

David Afshartous dafshartous at med.miami.edu
Thu Jul 3 23:34:29 CEST 2008

All,

I'm running R v2.7.1 on Mac OS X.  When I go to the R package installer GUI,
I am not prompted to select a repository.   The usual screen is there but
the columns for package, installed version, and repository version are all
populated via blank entries.

If I select "Get List" the error below occurs.  The same thing occurs if I
go form the command line via install.packages.  Any suggestions much
appreciated.

Cheers,
David

Error: subscript out of bounds
In addition: There were 50 or more warnings (use warnings() to see the first
50)
> warnings()
Warning messages:
1: In read.dcf(file = tmpf) ... : Line starting '<html> ...' is malformed!
2: In read.dcf(file = tmpf) ... : Line starting '<head> ...' is malformed!
3: In read.dcf(file = tmpf) ... :
  Line starting '<title>HostingZero.c ...' is malformed!

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.7.1 (2008-06-23)
i386-apple-darwin8.10.1

locale:
en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:

[1] tools_2.7.1