[R-SIG-Mac] Source package not building fat

Bill Northcott w.northcott at unsw.edu.au
Tue Jan 29 05:49:49 CET 2008

I am trying to build a fat binary of a package for distribution.

I am using Leopard on a Core 2 Duo Mac with the current R 2.6.1 fat
binary.

If I download the sources of the standard lattice package and build
it, I get a fat binary with both ppc and i386 directories in libs.

However, with our package (rjags) I only get the i386 version built.
It makes no difference if I define R_ARCH=/ppc.  The lattice package
does not use a configure script whereas rjags does.

How is the fat build mechanism working?  Is there something that can
be done with the configure script to get a fat build?

Bill Northcott