[R-SIG-Mac] Applescript window selection question

Rob Goedman goedman at mac.com
Sun Jan 20 22:35:06 CET 2008

Hi Mandy,

It's a while since I played around with Smultron.

Command-B in Smultron opens the Commands pane. There are some examples
of commands available. If you define a new command collection, e.g. R,
a command
name, e.g. 'Source file',  and place in the command window (lower half
of right side
of the Commands pane):

#!/bin/bash
osascript -e 'tell application "R.app" to activate'
osascript -e "tell application \"R.app\" to cmd \"source(file="%%p",
print.eval=TRUE)\""

R should start and the current file (%%p) passed to R.

You can select 'Inline' and define a shortcut, e.g. Command-R in
Smultron's Commands pane.

I expect someone who knows osascript well can do much better, e.g. if
the file path
contains blanks, etc. But this might get you going.

Rob