[R-SIG-Mac] R not accessing inactive RAM in Leopard

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Fri Feb 22 18:57:27 CET 2008

Matthew,

contrary to the subject this has nothing to do with R, you are just
making incorrect assumptions about memory types in OS X. Please
consider reading the appropriate documentation:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Performance/Conceptual/ManagingMemory/Articles/AboutMemory.html
Inactive pages still need to be paged out when more resident RAM is
requested. Also it is not R who is swapping anyway ...