[R-SIG-Mac] Applescript plans

Erich Neuwirth erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at
Tue Feb 12 20:02:28 CET 2008

This one did not make it to the list when I first sent it:

Building on Thomas Baier's clever design for the (D)COM server for
R on Windows what I need is

Evaluate 		(returns an array)
EvaluateNoReturn	(cmd as of now)
GetSymbol		(assign value to AS variable)
SetSymbol		(set R variable to value of AS variable)

If AS itself does not allow large matrices as values for variables
(I still have to learn AS  ;-)
then a direct transfer of a matrix from R to an Excel range
also could be a solution.
If AS cannot do large matrices,
we cannot use Evaluate, but we can do an assignment in R and transfer
the variable directly to Excel.

--
Erich Neuwirth, University of Vienna
Faculty of Computer Science