[R-SIG-Mac] abline draws out of the plot box

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Mon Feb 11 22:35:37 CET 2008

Bill,

On Feb 11, 2008, at 3:47 PM, William Revelle wrote:

> Dear Simon and Stefano and other R-mac magicians;
>
> I am testing out various features of 2.7.0 (unstable) and found that
> abline draws outside of the plot box:
>

> plot(1:10,1:10)
> abline(h=5)
>
> the line continues outside the plot box.

Can you be a bit more specific how exactly you generate it, please? It
works for me without problems - and I have tried both on-screen and
off-screen Quartz backends... (it shouldn't matter as they both use
the same later, but you never know .. :P)

Also please use sessionInfo() instead of R.version() as the latter
doesn't include locale settings and other important information.

Thanks,
Simon

> Same problem with
>

> x <- rnorm(10)
>  y <- rnorm(10)
>  plot(x,y)
> abline(lm(y~x))
>
> On the positive side, Rgraphviz no longer causes a crash, it just
> doesn't load and returns the following error

> Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
>   unable to load shared library
> '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rgraphviz/libs/
> i386/Rgraphviz.so':
>
> dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rgraphviz/
> libs/i386/Rgraphviz.so,
> 6): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libintl.3.dylib
>   Referenced from:
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rgraphviz/libs/
> i386/Rgraphviz.so
>   Reason: image not found
> Error : .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'Rgraphviz'
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'Rgraphviz'

Apparently your graphviz is incomplete  - I wonder how you managed to
compile Rgraphviz with that - which should break at compile time
already ...

> With R-Gui  "R version 2.7.0 Under development (unstable)
> (2008-02-09 r44393)"
>  downloaded 02/09   on a Mac PB

You said Mac PB, but platform below is Intel ... something's really
wrong here ... Also which GUI are you using exactly?