[R-SIG-Mac] Saving quartz graphics as postscript files

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Feb 3 17:20:37 CET 2008

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008, David Kaplan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just discovered a wonderful LaTeX document class that does slide
> presentations.  It's called Powerdot.  From what I can gather, it doesn't
> read graphics that have been saved as .pdf files  -  though I could be
> wrong.  In any case, is there a way of generating graphics in R that can
> be saved as .eps files?

There are many, but dev.copy2eps seems the most obvious, and the best
results are usually obtained by opening a postscript() device and plottign
directly on to it.

Converting PDF to .eps is also easy by many routes: I tend to find
'Export to PS' in Acrobat produces the cleanest results.  (How to get to
that depends on both the Acrobat version and platform.)  Others use pdf2ps
(part of Ghostscript).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk