[R-SIG-Mac] lme4 fails to load in R GUI 2.8.0

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 17 00:35:37 CET 2008

Unfortunately it looks like the automated build of -28 failed, since
other updates of the same time period are now on CRAN.  I noticed that -27
failed on the CRAN daily check page

http://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-release-macosx-ix86/lme4-00check.html

and I am seeing the same error with the CRAN binary of 2.8.0 and the CRAN
build of Matrix when I try R CMD check on the lme4...-28 sources.

If you build from the sources you should get a usable version, even if it
fails one of the tests.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk