[R-SIG-Mac] [R-sig-Geo] examples

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Mon Dec 8 00:44:07 CET 2008

Thanks Paul,

Paul Hiemstra wrote:
> Hi Ricardo,
>
> The sig-geo arena is quite a broad field, so it would help if you
> could be more specific. Most packages include datasets that are used
> in the example for that package. For the gstat package for example the
> meuse dataset is included and the example code is listed in the
> documentation of for example krige(). So install some packages (see
> for example the Spatial Taskview for R) and try the demo command to
> see what they can do.
>
> cheers,
> Paul

Sorry for being so unspecific. I had an opportunity to try to convince
other than R could help us with a number of different problems. Many of
them are right now just simple automatic cartography tasks. But working
in the right environment I am sure a huge amount of synergies could be
identified.

Please, let me post here this link that could be useful also for others
trying to go into R for spatial analysis.

http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Spatial.html

Thanks for your help!

Ricardo

--