[R-SIG-Mac] installing multiple versions of R

Mon Dec 1 18:15:45 CET 2008

> I downloaded the Rswitch application, but the current version and that
> is the only version that is available even if I push the rediscover
> button.

Weird ... and you have both versions installed? ie. you have "full"
install trees under:

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.7 ; and
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.8
?

The second approach I outlined (using different versions of R.app)
won't work either w/o successfully using RSwitch, either (just tried
it).

Weird ... not sure what to say if both versions of R are installed
correctly.

I'm just guessing, but if you change the "/Library/Framework/
R.framework/Versions/Current" link to point to 2.7 instead of 2.8,
that might work as well (I feel like that's the only thing that
RSwitch app does, but I'm not certain).

If all of the above isn't working, I guess we'll have to wait for an R/
mac guru to pop in. What version of OS X are you using and are you
using the appropriate leopard/tiger builds?

-steve