[R-SIG-Mac] [R] Upgrading R means I lose my packages

William Revelle lists at revelle.net
Thu Aug 28 06:00:56 CEST 2008

This is actually an R-sig-mac question so I am responding there.

In general, if you want to install a new version without losing the
previous packages,  using the finder, go to Library/Receipts and
remove the R.app and R.Gui receipts.  Then install the new version.
That will keep the previous packages.  This is not mysterious, this
is R.

Thanks to Simon et al. for the upgrade.

Bill