[R-SIG-Mac] sound::setWavPlayer()

Hans-Jörg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Aug 27 17:21:39 CEST 2008

On 27.08.2008, at 17:06, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> To be precise to play an audio file all you do is
> [[[NSSound initWithContentsOfFile:fileName byReference:YES]
> autorelease] play];
> Thats' all :)

Ah, you mean that the function play(A_SOUND_FILE) should be part of
R's core code which implements it for a given platform.
This of course would be the best way.

I also had a look at the tuneR package. Well, by my opinion it would
be worth to put the sound and tuneR packages together. There're some
functions which do in principal the same thing, thus one shouldn't
reinvent the wheel twice.

--Hans