[R-SIG-Mac] /bin/sh: tar: command not found

Ben Bolker bolker at zoology.ufl.edu
Tue Aug 12 23:57:59 CEST 2008

   This is my package, but I don't think there's anything wrong with
the package (the check summary on CRAN says it's OK).  Does this happen
with all packages?  Have you tried a different mirror? (123 K seems
like a reasonable size for this package).

   On the other hand, the specific error message says the problem
is that R can't find the "tar" command -- is it in your path?

   Ben Bolker (not a Mac person)