[R-SIG-Mac] quartz window size inside the window while resizing

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Sun Aug 10 23:44:17 CEST 2008

On Aug 10, 2008, at 12:07 PM, Ferdinand wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I had to reinstall R on my Mac (Leopard) because of an error.
> Now I have a newer Version and when I plot something and want to
> resize the quartz-window I don't see the pixel-width ...
>

> Before the reinstallation I saw the width and height in pixel while
> resizing the quartz window inside of the window.

The old Quartz didn't have the ability to show plot content in live
resize, so it was using that text as a filler. The new Quartz device
is able to provide a preview so it doesn't need that kludge anymore
(and it has many other new features).

> That was really useful.
>
> I haven't found any options, and don't know anything about the
> quartz-system.
>
> Can anybody help me about that?

We could add that information, I wasn't aware it was any useful - it
was really just a hack ...