[R-SIG-Mac] R.app path and environment variables

Gad Abraham gabraham at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Aug 10 07:04:45 CEST 2008

Byron Ellis wrote:
> The Window Manager in OS X does not execute as you nor does it spawn a
> shell to start a process so your bash profile is never called. There are
> ways to change the environment variables through editing the
> OSXEnvironment plist...

Thanks Byron, that did the job.

I created a file ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist containing:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>PATH</key>
<string>/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/sw/bin:/usr/local/bin:/sw/sbin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/local/git/bin/</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Now R can see the full path when launched from the dock.

Cheers,
Gad

--
Gad Abraham