[R-SIG-Mac] Frage zu R - Deutsche Version Mac GUI "Wo ist CLEAR CONSOLE"?

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Fri Apr 18 11:16:49 CEST 2008

On 18 Apr 2008, at 08:07, Joern Gieseke wrote:
> Bei meiner Englischen Installation gibt es beim EDIT Menü eine
> Auswahl: "CLEAR CONSOLE" ... welches den Cursor in der Konsole auf
> eine "Frische Seite" nach oben setzt.  in meiner DEUTSCHEN Mac
> Installation taucht diese Auswahl NICHT auf !

No, you didn't something wrong. This menu item is missing in the
German version caused by issue, I believe, it's relatively new.

To solve that problem quickly, you can replace to "old" file
"MainMenu.nib" in

Applications > R.app > Contents > Resources > de.lproj

by the attached file "MainMenu.nib". (Make a backup of the old
MainMenu.nib in beforehand for safety reasons!)

Hint: To open the content of R.app press CTRL+mouse click (or the
right button of your mouse) and choose "Zeige Paketinhalt" (I believe
that's the name in German for Show Package Content)

Otherwise, I believe that this bug will be fixed as soon as possible
by the R.app developers with the new release.

Cheers,

--Hans