[R-SIG-Mac] quartz.save()

Todd A. Johnson tjohnson at src.riken.jp
Tue Apr 15 03:09:43 CEST 2008

Hi Dr. Ripley:

The previous quartz help did not list "pdf" in the output formats, but
nevertheless seemed to save "pdf" files, although with the recently
discussed upside down and backwards problem that has been corrected...

The quartz help now includes:
"Off-screen output types produce output files and utilize the file argument.
type = "pdf" gives PDF output. The following bitmap formats may be supported
(on OS X 10.4 and later): "png", "jpeg", "jpg", "jpeg2000", "tif", "tiff",
"gif", "psd" (Adobe Photoshop), "bmp" (Windows bitmap), "sgi" and "pict".
(The availability of some formats is OS-version-dependent.)"

This is using the latest R 2.7.0 r45298 and R GUI(5074)

Best wishes,

Todd