[R-SIG-Mac] Quarts entries in the upper menu

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Sun Apr 13 13:50:52 CEST 2008

Thanks Peter, Simon,

Simon Urbanek wrote:
> Thanks, but this was a) reported already b) fixed in the meantime and
> c) I posted that it was fixed. Please use the latest beta/rc version
> of R.
> Thanks,
> Simon

I've reply some hours ago to the Peter's message but it seems I am
having some kind of problem here. Please, allow me to re-post here my
message. Thanks!

*****
Thanks Peter.

I've installed what I see as last builds both for R.app GUI and R
framework. Here what I have:

 > version
_
platform i386-apple-darwin9.2.2
arch i386
os darwin9.2.2
system i386, darwin9.2.2
status beta
major 2
minor 7.0
year 2008
month 04
day 12
svn rev 45280
language R
version.string R version 2.7.0 beta (2008-04-12 r45280)

And R GUI 1.24-devel (5072)

I get now ONLY one Quartz entry in the upper menu. Great!

Nevertheless, what I am not seing now is the semi-transparent canvas
when an on-screen devices are launched. This makes a differences whith
I've been seing before and I think this is not what I must expect by
reading ?quartz...

"On-screen devices are launched with a semi-transparent canvas. Once a
new plot is created, the canvas is first painted with the canvas colour
and then the current background colour (which can be transparent or
semi-transparent). Off-screen devices have no canvas colour, and so
start with a transparent background where possible (e.g. type="png" and
type="tiff") – otherwise it appears that a solid white canvas is assumed
in the Quartz code."

Is this worth to be reported any other place or is this the right
channel? Thanks!!

Cheers,

Ricardo
*****