[R-SIG-Mac] Quarts entries in the upper menu

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Sun Apr 13 00:48:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

Working in this environment:

 > version
               _
platform       i386-apple-darwin8.10.1
arch           i386
os             darwin8.10.1
system         i386, darwin8.10.1
status         beta
major          2
minor          7.0
year           2008
month          04
day            10
svn rev        45232
language       R
version.string R version 2.7.0 beta (2008-04-10 r45232)

I've not installed other R.app GUI than the one coming with
R-2.7-branch-45232.dmg.

Each time I open a new starts a graphics device driver by submitting
quartz, a new quartz menu is added to the Mac OS X upper menu bar. If I
close a given device, the menu entry remains.

Is this the expected behavior?

Perhaps I must close quartz in any other way to get this menu gone, but
even in this case it seems to me that it will be advisable to state this
clearly in ?quartz.

Thanks!

Ricardo

--