[R-SIG-Mac] cmd-return in editordoes not go to next line

Day, Roger S. day at upci.pitt.edu
Fri Apr 11 06:36:37 CEST 2008

Rune,
I recently stumbled upon "Keyboard Maestro", a program for defining
keyboard macros.
(I had to deal quickly with a broken key.)
This solves the problem you mention,
-- and many other peeves with the Mac interface.
You can easily define ctrl-R (restricted to R.app) to be Cmd-Enter
Down-Arrow.
Then you can step through your code comfortably.
It's commercial, but cheap, and I got near instant user support when I
hit a snag.

A few years ago MacroMagic on Windows scared me off of keyboard macro
programs.
(Amazingly, it would diddle a bit in the floating point processor,
which would then fool Splus in its handling of NA's in certain settings
--- bizarre!!)
But so far so good with this one.

Roger Day
University of Pittsburgh Departments of Biomedical Informatics and
Biostatistics
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute
University of Pittsburgh Molecular Medicine Institute